Well there are rumors out there that Apple is working on a new version of iTunes that is a major overhaul of the system. They hope to make it more Could integrated. What do you want to see from iTunes? Here are two articles to read over. The first is from Macstories and the other is from Cult of Mac.
Here are some of my complaints about iTunes.
The issues I have had with letting iCloud manage my music/data are as follows.
1. I can’t choose what music that starts out on my device. Say I want theses playlists, artists etc to begin with and I’ll add others from the cloud.
2. Content that is not cloud capable. Audiobooks they are not in the cloud so I can’t finish a book and download a new one from the cloud. If I buy one on my iOS device, it does not automatically download to my Mac.
3. Control: give me a cloud interface where I can adjust my settings in the air. Say I want to pull all the songs from a CD to my iOS device. I have to do it song by song. Give me iTunes controls in the clouds.
4. Music Videos are not in the cloud that I know of see item 2. And they need to be broken back out in iTunes. Don’t group them with the audio files. They have taken PDF’s out of the list with the audio do the same with music videos. I don’t want music videos in my Smart Playlists by default.
5. Podcasts: Why can’t they download automatically to my iOS device? (I know their are 3rd party apps Sticher, pocketcasts etc.). Let me subscribe on my iPad and add it to my iTunes automatically.
What are your thoughts and suggestions about iTunes and how to make it better?